Note for English Readers

If I write the articles in Indonesian, I will write a summary in English so that you can read my articles too. After you read the summary and you feel that you need more information about that, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail that can be found in my profile.

Thank you for reading my blogs.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

AMD Catalyst Patch for kernel-3.13.x

Yesterday, I decided to upgrade the kernel from kernel tree of 3.12.x to 3.13.x and AMD Catalyst from 13.8-beta1 to 13.12. When I upgraded the AMD Catalyst, I got error message on compiling fglrx kernel module. As usual, I checked to Arch Linux for the patch and I found it. I used the information from it to modify the patch into one file only. You can download the modified patch from my Google Drive. Using this patch file, you can patch the fglrx module (of course, you have to install AMD Catalyst 13.12 first) as below (in case of using kernel-3.13.2. Just edit the number "3.13.2" for other kernel version):
  • change directory to the path where the installer is
  • run the installer as root (superuser):
    # ./amd-catalyst-13.12-linux-x86.x86_64.run
  • follow the instructions, at the end of installation process you will get notice that there are some errors.
  • exit the installer
  • at console, copy the patch file (fglrx-13.12_kernel-3.13.x.patch) to /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/
  • change directory to /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/
  • patch the fglrx source:
    # patch -p0 < fglrx-13.12_kernel-3.13.x.patch
  • compile the fglrx modules:
    # ./make.sh
    # cd ..
    # ./make_install.sh
  • reboot.
Enjoy your AMD Catalyst-13.12 running on linux kernel 3.13.x.

No comments: